Monday, December 5, 2011

Hot Chocolate 5K Weekend


    I have been so excited about this past weekend to be running for the first time in the Washington DC Hot Chocolate 5K. I have been training for this and was looking to get a personal best in time. Me & my brother ran the 5K and my very pregnant sister-in-law walked. Once we finally got to the starting line I was ready to do this! Well I have never ran any kind of race with hills in it before and found out fast that I should not even worry about my time, but just focus on running my pace and focus on getting up the hills! I was so excited when I found my brother looking for me at the last .20 mile mark. He really was able to push me going up the last hill before the finish line and this is the first race we have crossed the finish line together! I just love my brother so much and love the way we push each other to do our best and finish out strong. No I did not end up running the time I wanted but for being bottle necked with the multitude of people for an almost 3 minute walk and then the 2 hills that kicked my butt in the end I don't think having a 36 min finish is bad at all!!!! I know for a fact I would have crushed my 33 min. goal if it were not for those 2 obstacles but I am very happy with my finish time. I am now looking forward to my 14K training and plan on focusing on a new goal for this race! Running this race with my brother has made me excited for running more races with him in the near future! We are already planning on our first Warrior Run together!!! CANT WAIT!!!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment