Friday, September 23, 2011

♥ He Carried Me ♥


Footprints in the Sand
       One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

Mary Stevenson, 1936

         I was reminded of this poem today and I began to really think about these words. It is so easy when during this life everything seems to be going just right to forget that God is there for me and rarely do we cry out to Him at this time in our life, but how easy is it for me to cry out to Him during the hard, difficult times in my life and forget that He has been with me throughout it all. I find it very comforting to know that God is there through the good times and is there to carry me through the hard times. What an amazing God I serve.

1 comments:

rachelrustay

love love love it :)

Post a Comment